Hair Lice Signs Symptoms And The Best Treatment: How do you know you’re infected with hair lice?
*Signs & Symptoms*
• extreme scalp itchiness
• feeling like something is crawling on your scalp
• sores and scabs on your scalp from scratching, these sores on d head can sometimes become infected.
*How to get rid of head/hair lice
• Wet combing. Simply wet the hair and use a fine-tooth comb(comb wit very slim teeth) to remove active lice and their eggs.
• Essential oils such as tea tree may suffocate n kill lice. U can add to your shampoo as well.
• Smothering agents. They are products that kill lice by depriving them air and smothering them. E g Vaseline, Olive oil, butter or even mayonnaise.
Any of these products may be applied to the scalp and hair, covered with a shower cap or nylon and left on overnight.
• Clean all Combs, brushes n hair accessories in hot water at least at 65°C.
Wash all hats, pillowcases, cuddle toys in very hot water too and then allow good sun to dry them very well or use a dryer for at least 15mins.
Place all non-washable items dat may have come into contact wit the lice in an airtight plastic bag for a few days.
•Shaving will not get rid of lice bcus lice live on d base of d hair nd on the scalp. The nits are laid right at the base of the hair sometimes against the scalp.
Shaving will not get close enough to make an impact on the lice and nits unless u are barbing abolo(skin cut).
*Washing your hair cannot get rid of lice because they clip their feet very well to your hair shaft so it very hard for them to fall off.
Check the previous notes to get ways in which you can get rid of them. Lice are quite stubborn to kill.
Note that anybody of any age and gender can be infested with lice but most prominent with kids because they always play together and with sands which can introduce d insect to their heads.
Note: Hair Salons (including barbing) are influential in the transfer of lice using same comb/brush for everyone.
Credit: | Angela Beverly